Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Exams - Dealing With the Stress

Exam Stress

Dealing with the stress of exams can be, and most likely will be, a nightmare. The best thing you can do though is to take any advice you get, and follow it!
Below is a selection of tips, some I gathered from other sources, but for the most part, they come from my own personal experiences.

You have to believe in yourself!
You need to believe you can do it, and keep your morale and self-respect levels high-up. This might not suit you, but I started working out during my exams, lasted a month afterward and stopped, but it helped me to relieve my stress without taking it all out on my family.

Revise with a friend!
You need time to yourself to revise, however, it is good for you to get out revise with your friends and then go see a film or something. Whatever makes your clock tick.

Don’t over/under estimate yourself!
Don’t believe you can’t do it, but be realistic. Don’t get worried about failing, but don’t get too hyped up on getting straight A’s either!

Don’t make the mistake of caffeine!
Sure, coffee makes you stay awake, but it doesn’t give you energy and you’ll soon lose your concentration, determination and probably waste a nights worth of revision.

Try to avoid panic!
Everybody panics during exam times, try your absolute best not to. Just play some of your favourite music, and relax. Also, breathing deeply is useful.

Every exam is a new one!
In my standard grades I sat and did nothing during the second maths paper, simply because I felt I’d messes up paper 1. Turns out I could’ve got most of it!

At the end of the day, they’re your exams. If you feel you’ve done your best and tried your hardest, who is anybody to say you failed? You have to fail sometimes or you won’t appreciate the times you succeed, which I assure you will come later as long as you try hard.

As Anurag Ahluwalia would say’
‘It is important that you eat well, drink water and get lots of rest, especially the night before your exams; and ask for help if there are things you do not understand.‘

No comments:

Post a Comment